A while ago, a wonderful former student asked me to blog about my favorite movies. I considered this for some time, and I’ve decided to finally tackle it.
Favorite, to me, doesn’t necessarily mean “best.” It means “movies you can watch again and again without getting tired of them.”
So, in no particular order:
- Moulin Rouge – I love this movie. Love. It. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time, a running theme, you’ll find, in the movies ahead.
- Serenity – Yes, I’m a Browncoat, but I can watch Serenity and never tire of it.
- Avengers – Whedon plays heavily on this list, I know, but I love the first Avengers so much. It made me giggle out loud in delight.
- The Princess Bride – “I do not think that means what you think it means.” I could quote this movie from start to end, if I was so prompted. I’ve seen it more times than I can count, and I love everything except the frame story.
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Audrey Hepburn is a bit of a hero to me, and Holly Golightly, the movie version, is, too. Yes, I’ve read the book and while I like Capote’s darker version, I like the fluffier movie.
- Casablanca – This movie tugs at my heart strings and makes me weep. A good movie, that.
That’s all, I think, for today. If I think of more, I’ll edit the post.
What are your favorite movies, Gentle Reader?