Gentle Reader, I am participating in This Reading Challenge by the Modern Mrs. Darcy, and I am trying to figure out the books I will read. I want to plan ahead instead of fly by the seat of my pants, as it were, when it comes to the reading challenge.
- A book published this year
- As it’s so early in the year, I’m going to hold off on this one for a bit and see what’s coming out
- A book you can finish in a day
- Skin Games by Jim Butcher
- A book you’ve been meaning to read
- Secret History of Wonder Woman
- A book recommended to you by your local librarian or bookseller
- Librarian and bookseller friends? Any suggestions?
- a book you should have read in school
- Lord of the Flies
- a book chosen for you by your spouse
- He’s still thinking
- a book published before you were born
- Sylvia’s Lovers by Elizabeth Gaskell
- a book that was banned at some point
- The Bluest Eye
- a book you previously abandoned
- The Book Thief
- a book you own but have never read
- Oh gosh, there are so many! I’m going to finish Ally Carter’s Gallagher Girls series
- a book that intimidates you
- Game of Thrones
- a book you’ve already read at least once
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Feel free to recommend books for the blank spaces, and/or other reading challenges, Friends!
5 thoughts on “Reading Challenge”
lets see, booked abandoned would be See Me, not by choice, I have a book I need to read for homework, so eventually I will get back to it. husbands recommendation is, Wake Up Happy by Michael Strahan.
Great selections! I’ve not read Wake Up Happy but I’ve heard of it.
He says its really good, but it will have to wait until I’m done with the great gatsby
I love Gatsby. The shirt scene is the best.