Gentle Reader, I read 7 books in January, all listed under my Goodreads, but I thought I’d share them with you here. I read more than that, if you count pieces of medieval lit (for class) and theory (also for class) along with the work on an article (theory). But of full-sized books, I read seven:
- An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet 4/5 stars
- Beowulf by Anon. 4/5 stars
- Household Gods by Deborah Cohen 4/5 stars
- Longbourn by Jo Baker 5/5 stars
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen 5/5 stars
- Survive the Night by Danielle Vega 4/5 stars
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll 5/5 stars
I’ve read three of them before: Beowulf, Longbourn, and P&P, but the other four were new to me, and quite good. I tore through both Survive the Night and Luckiest Girl Alive.
But Reader, it is most important that I’ve gone back to reading for fun. Remember, it’s been difficult for me since my mother died in 2014, and I’m starting to allow myself to enjoy it once more.
Currently, I’m reading Vanity Fair by William Thackeray for class, which I must go do forthwith. Lovely reading to all!